Eating in restaurants has always been popular in all parts of the world till the pandemic struck. The coronavirus outbreak led to the closing down of thousands of restaurants as people were forced to stay-at-home due to regular lockdowns. Things are fortunately changing now as vaccinations have rolled in and public places have started opening up.
Of all the different types of eateries out there, you will find 5 most popular types of restaurants:
- Casual dining restaurants: These cover a large chunk of the industry and can be found in local spots as stand-alone restaurants and also as part of large franchises. The key characteristics of a casual dining restaurant are sit-down meals and table service. Such eateries typically have a proper décor, theme, and an ambience designed to offer an exceptional dining experience. Whether it is a salad bar, regular Mac-and-cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, or even Thai offerings, you will find them all here. When you walk into a casual dining, you are likely to be served faster and you can sit down to relish your meal.
- Fast food restaurants’: These are meant for quick service and you can even order for food on-the-go. Meals are served either through a drive-in window or at the counter. You can choose to sit down and eat here if you want to. These are usually a part of well-known franchises that have a global or national presence. The best part about choosing this type of restaurant is the prices; meals are pocket-friendly, even though you may be indulging in greasy high-calorie foods. Besides being affordable fast food restaurants are popular as they are readily available and extremely convenient for the busy customer.
- Fast casual diners: These offer a diverse and upmarket menu which may be slightly limited and a tad costlier. Here too, you can order your meal at the counter and get the food to a table. These are best known for custom-made meals like smoothies, signature Panini, chopped salads, and milk shakes. Modern day consumers are increasingly leaning towards farm-fresh salads and they want to eat healthy even when they may be in a rush.
- Contemporary casual restaurants: These are relatively modern with a sit-down facility and a focus on ambience. Guests can enjoy new culinary trends like farm-to-table, craft beverages, sustainable foods, and fusion cuisines at these eateries. More and more people are being drawn to contemporary casual restaurants because of their popularity on social media channels like Instagram. The new generation is especially enamored by these new-style restaurants.
- Cafes: These have always been around, offering quality food to customers throughout the day. These are usually beverage-focused restaurants which serve finger food and limited snacking options. Prices are usually low and you can get counter service. Cafes are popular amongst different groups of people, whether they are office workers, college-goers, or groups of friends looking for a place to hang out. You will find cafes almost everywhere you go and enjoy steaming beverages or sumptuous sandwiches during a much-needed break from work.
These are the more popular types of restaurants that you will find today besides other types like bistros, brasseries, fine dining, and specialty restaurants.